With the Carter you get both brawn and beauty.
Featuring a slide-lock mechanism, a corrosion-resistant VG-10 stainless steel blade, fully-profiled G10 or Micarta scales and a deep-carry, reversible pocket clip, the Carter is the most advanced knife we've ever made. It's slim and lightweight, but fully capable in any environment. It's also fully ambidextrous, and the pocket clip can easily be removed and replaced with the included lanyard insert. The thumb disc design means that the Carter is easy to use with one hand, so it's at the ready in all situations. The Carter is going to immediately earn it's spot in your EDC rotation.
A superb EDC!
The Carter is light, sharp and user friendly. It feels great in the hand, I love the locking mechanism and also the little finger button at the back of the blade (very functional). I have only two downsides — 1. The pocket clip is very stiff and the black is wearing off after only a few weeks. 2. I went with the white and it picks up the blue dye from jeans (even old ones). This does clean off with some elbow grease but is annoying.
Amazing quality knife
Absolutely love this knife. It’s super comfortable in my pocket, feels great in my hand, and looks amazing. I’ve had multiple people ask me about it! Will be buying more James knives in the future
It was nice of you to name a knife after my Grandson. I got the black on black knife because of the green thump bob. I also got it because it is set up once you change the clip for a left handed person. The opening of this knife is easy and quick. Flick your wrist and it is open, Closing takes a little bit to get us to. The knife is sharp and looks real cool.
The only con I have is it is difficult to change over the clip or put on the lanyard clip on because the star screws are very small and so are the nuts that hold them. It takes a little to figure out the size screw head. Make sure you have good lighting and a non rolling type surface when you take it a part. Small parts are easy to lose even right in front of you. It would be nice if James mentioned the star head size in the information with the knife.
I would buy again and I did I just got the Red ELKO today in the mail. It is small and is great in the pocket by itself. Both of these knives seem to be well made and will serve their purpose for years to come. You could easily pass these down to family.
Nearly perfect EDC
After putting off buying the Carter for a few reasons I now wish I hadn't waited so long. There are just a few small issues that keep this knife from being, in my opinion, a perfect EDC pocket knife for most tasks and situations.
Below I have outlined my pros and cons regarding this knife. As you can see the pros outnumber the cons and most of the cons are easily remedied without any drastic change to the overall design.
* Blade shape - very useful drop point with plenty of belly
* Blade grind - high hollow grind, thin behind the edge
* Action - smooth one-handed operation with thumb disk or slide lock
* Ergonomics - comfortable, contoured handle; not too thick, not too thin
* Clip - no-snag clip design; good retention
* Screws - above average with thick heads and chamfered edges
* Aesthetics - outstanding overall design with a great silhouette opened or closed
* Steel - VG-10 is fine, but should be higher grade (S30V, S35VN) at this price point
* Clip - single attachment point allows side-to-side wiggle; would prefer satin finish
* Lanyard attachment - digs into palm of hand when closing knife one-handed
* Country of manufacture - made in China, but the fit and finish is definitely on par with anything made in the US at this price
Just what I was looking for
This was exactly what I was looking for. Very practical with a great design and priced accordingly. Thank you!